Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The advent calendar




I loved mine growing up. Truth be told, I would open every door in the first few days and eat up all the chocolate.
I loved bringing two out last night on the first day of December for Charlie and Kate. We try very hard to limit sweets, and almost never have cookie, candies, or ice cream in the house. I was a little worried that I would get the look from Adam, but he just grabbed his children up onto the bean bag and helped them find the door with a number one on it. Charlie found Kate's door for her, what a big brother.


And when Charlie saw what was inside, he said, "CANDY!" He asks for candy everyday and sometimes all day. Damn Halloween. Next time the halloween fairy is coming to make a trade, all his candy for a toy.


Since opening up his first door on his first advent calendar he has been very excited about opening up the next door. This morning when Pa came up to make his coffee and breakfast Charlie ran into the kitchen and said, "PA. I opened this door and there was candy there. Chocolate candy."
It is fun to celebrate the seasons and Holidays with these creative, imaginative and sweet kids. We had so much fun making Autumn crafts, and with both kids so sick they couldn't go outside or play, we had a great time starting our winter wall. I will also be changing our nature table from fall to winter soon. It is cold and crisp outside and I am enjoying it.

2 comments:

Mama Deb said...

99 cents at Trader Joe's--woohoo! We just bought one too...and I'm assuming that's where you found yours :)

a fallen thought said...

cutest pictures, i love charlie's candy eye'd smile. dont we get advent calenders too? dad?

cant wait for sat, see you soon!