Wednesday, August 4, 2010

missing my chids

This is my sixth day in bed, sick. I am almost never sick. Infact, this was the first time I have had a fever in five years, and it last for four crappy days. I have not played, cooked, cleaned, gone to the park, playgroup, swimming, store, on a walk, bike ride, or to the beach for 6 days. Thanks to Adam, my parents, my neighbor, and my mother-in-law I have been able to piece together childcare since last Friday. I am very grateful. Today I know I am on the mend, my fever is gone, no more aches and chills, just a horrible headache and overall lack of any energy.
I miss my kids.
Last night adam came into the room and found me listening to old songs and things k and c have recorded of each other on my iphone. That is how much I miss my sidekicks.
And today being the first day I can do more than sleep, I started to look through old pics of the kids.
Here are some of Charlie when he first came into our lives. Charlie's first summer was filled with friends, family, laughter and so many smiles. It is possible that a new baby always bring this sense of excitement, unity, energy into an extended family....but since c was the first baby in my family, and first baby among my friends, it felt so incredible special. Not to mention he was adorable, easy, happy, and just downright cute.



It has been hard on the kids to see me in bed day after day. Charlie would come in every 10 minutes for a cuddle and to see if I was all better, or just a little bit better. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank my friends, neighbor, and family for jumping right in and helping with the kids, offering to pick things up at the store, dropping off flowers, calling, texting, and just loving.
It takes a village...and I love my village

1 comment:

Pam said...

So glad you are feeling better! That was a rough one for you!! There is so much to love and appreciate especially after you've been down and out!