Thursday, December 29, 2011

Amy is having a baby!




This seriously makes me list of top 10 BEST THINGS ABOUT 2011. Amy came into my life when I was in high school. She was my brother's friend and part of a group that he hung out with. Josh has always been the dream big brother....cute...funny...kind...with a lot of friends. And he let me tag along on various adventures like late night toga roller blading. I don't remember the details of how or when or what....although I wish I did...but somehow I was incredibly blessed with becoming good then great then best friends with Amy. When she started to plan an around the US trip in a vw bus with my brother was the first time I realized what an amazing gem I had found. I cried long and hard because the thought of not having her in my life for 3 months was too much to bare. She ended up coming to Davis where I was going to college and our friendship truly became solidified. We lived together, took classes together, celebrate boyfriends together, helped each other through break ups, and found our spouses while supporting each other. And then I kept having babies.....and she didn't. Instead she finished her masters in a field of study that she is not only passionate in, but talented in. And for that I will always be in awe. And finally it was the right time for her to start a family of her own.
Charlie used to call her Mamee. She waited in the hospital for something ridiculous like 12 hours, and then has been such a huge part of my kids lives ever since. I look forward to returning the favor. I love Amy with all of my heart. Value her friendship to no end. See her like I see my own sister. She has the biggest heart, is one of the smartest people I know, she is fair, open, compassionate, empathetic, loving, caring, and generous.
So...I was thrilled when we started planning her baby shower and I realized she would be in town for a full week....but I regress...back to the shower....

I left the bigs home with Adam and brought Alex.....I had lots of hands to hold my loving son...Aunt Kate, Uncle Josh and honorary grandma Julia....

Aunt Kate snapped this pic of me....funny because I never make it into pics these days. and in case you didn't know I am smitten by my son, Alex. Not a moment goes by that I don't feel incredibly grateful that he is mine.

Every baby shower needs a perfect baby to help calm the mom to be....here Alex is helping with presents.

Happy pregnancy Amy! You are such an amazing friend, daughter, and wife. I know that you will be the most amazing mother. So happy to begin this journey as your best friend. I love you.

No comments: