Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pumpkins and my awesome family!





During the month of October I got a call from my sister. The kind of call everything mother of 3 young children loves to get. "Sarah, Evan and I are coming to town Saturday. We want come over get Charlie and Kate. We want to take the kids to a pumpkin farm to pick out carving pumpkins. Then we want to take them to New Leaf to get groceries to make a pumpkin pie from scratch." Music to my ears. Mad props to family members who call and ask to have my kids. Not because they feel they have to, or because they want to help. But simply because my kids rock and they want to spend time with the fun munchkins. Thank you Kate, Evan, Mama and Pa.

Thanks to Evan and Kate my kids got to run around this great local pumpkin farm...



Only my daughter (yes I am proud) will be found with messy uncombed hair, face paint all over, and a dress and tights that have no business being together.
After a fun shopping trip the kids got to work on their carving. This was the first year that Charlie designed and carved his own pumpkin with little to no help. He is growing up!

Focusing...


Concentrating....


Laughing....enjoying each other's company....

Kate, looking happy and cute....and super serious as she gets up onto the table to be as efficient as possible

This picture is a great snapshot as to who I love and why. Can you imagine a better afternoon for my parents that to laugh, chat, and carve together.
No surprise here, Charlie took this task to heart.

As did all the grown-ups

Kate's is on left. Charlie right. On Charlie's pumpkin the marks to the right, left and above are ears...and eyebrows (clearly)

Thank you Kate, Evan, and mom and dad for once again going the extra mile to make meaningful experiences with my special kids. It takes a village...

No comments: